Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
THE FEED: Social Media ROI - Should we? Could we?
Monday, June 13, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Social media. It's becoming a prerequisite for any marketing strategy. It might be delivered through the digital marketing company, PR agency or specialist social media agency. Either way we're all reporting on our results. Or are we? And should we be? Apparently only 1 out of3 companies is currently tracking social media ROI.
With the constant questioning of Twitter measure of influence 'Klout' and the unreliability of automatic sentiment analysis we can't even be sure that what we're measuring is even accurate?
- Is social media a brand building exercise above all else?
- Is it short-sighted just to look at immediate ROI?
- Does tracking sales and conversion take something away from the personability?
- Does it depend on what 'return' you're looking for?
- Is it too complicated to see what impact social media has had on the buying process?
- Is it about time we started taking social media more seriously?
- What's the right thing to measure anyway?
Robin Wilson - Director of PR & social media at McCann @robin1966
Jessica Lowe - Press and Marketing Manager, Harvey Nichols Manchester @HN_Manchester
Dan Lukas - Director of Needle, a digital research and analytics agency @needleinsights
When & Where
The web industry is in a constant state of beta. Always evolving and changing. So every second Monday at The Castle, we'll be debating issues in the tech/ web/ digital/ design industries. No holds barred, we aim to find out what industry experts really think.